I am a coach to women in midlife. I have been coaching women for quite awhile now; so then why the particulars, why women in midlife? Because I have come to realize that women in midlife have their own set of unique challenges and opportunities. Having traveled that road myself, I get it! Connecting with who we really are on not only a physical and mental level but also on a spiritual level can be challenging especially at this time. We can easily lose our sense of self in this segment of life.
Some of those unique challenges include:
- Relationship to myself
- Relationship with a significant other (spouse, partner, etc)
- Relationships with our children (grown and practically grown)
- Relationships with extended family members being parents, siblings and possibly in-laws
- Career Decisions
- Finding Purpose in the second-half of life
- Reinventing who we are, or just redefining who we are
- New opportunities
- "Empty Nesting"
- Caring for Aging Parents and Children (all at the same time!)
- Health and Self-Care (what is that?!)
- Retirement (ready or not)
- My Partner is making me crazy now that we are both retired and home
- Where do I go from here?
These are all things that can take up our brain and heart space in midlife. We've left our 'youth' so to speak, yet we can still be young-at-heart; we've definitely entered into a more 'mature' part of life ( I think that's the word that's always used isn't it?). We want to be that happy-go-lucky girl again but it takes more to find her than it did before. Sometimes we wonder "Where the heck is she?". How do I have fun again? How do I flow with life instead of just managing it all the time?
I will be sending out another post again very soon and begin speaking directly to these issues of the heart, and more. If you have anything in particular you would like addressed, please write it in the comments below.
A place designed with YOU in mind.
Talk to you soon,
Your Personal Spiritual Coach